- Family News
¿Español? Haga Clic en "Translate" se encuentra arriba en esta pagina!
Highest Attendance Leaders per Grade Level for Q3 (January 4 – March 9)
- PK - Lopez
- K - Marc
- 1st - Martinez
- 2nd – Gonzalez
- SHINE are at 100%
Highest Attendance Leaders per Grade Level for this week (January 23 – 26)
- PK - Moncada
- K - Hernandez
- 1st - Martinez
- 2nd – Olvera
- GLOW and SHINE are at 100%
REFER a Family Competition (January 11 – February 15th) Number of referrals so far: 1
We would like to fill all our seats for next school year, and we need your help! We are taking applications for PK, K, 1st , 2nd and 3rd grade. Remember that we have Mainstream and Bilingual classes. We also provide SPED, Dyslexia, and 504 services.
Please help us by referring to a family. Every family that refers a student (regardless of enrollment) will be entered to Gift Card drawings. Every family that refers a student and they register/accept a seat will be entered in a 2nd drawing. The second drawing will include TV, electronics and gift cards.
Start referring at: https://www.yesprep.org/families/enrollment-lottery/refer-a-family
Intent to Return Form
The Intern to Return form will be going home today. You may complete the form or complete it online via Skyward. Instructions were included. NOW for the FUN PART.....
- 1st classroom to have 100% of the forms completed (paper or online) will get a pizza party
- 1st grade level to have 100% of the forms completed (paper or online) will get extra recess
- 1st 100 students to complete the survey (paper or online) will be entered into drawing including $10 gift cards.
- 1st YES Prep elementary campus to get have 100% survey completion Campus Fun Day North Forest Elementary won
Your scholar will be bringing their Chromebook daily. It is important that they bring it back every day as they are assigned computer time during the school day. Below you will find tips for the family and costs for damaged/lost district issued device/component.
- Set aside a quiet, dedicated place for schoolwork. This is not always realistic, but students should aim for a comfortable spot to sit and work at. Please void working in bed, if at all possible. We sleep in our beds, so the inclination there is to want to drift off.
- Try to minimize distractions as much as possible. Where distractions are harder to avoid, families may need to get creative, and consider simple technology hacks like a pair of inexpensive earbuds or headphones to minimize outside noises.
- If your scholar will be at the computer more than 45 minutes, make sure they take mini-breaks. It may be helpful to set an alarm to get up periodically and stretch or do some other simple physical activity.
- Keep water nearby (spill proof bottles) and do not forget to stay hydrated. Healthy, non-sugary snacks are also a good idea, especially during weekend usage.
- Take time for technology and screen breaks, especially when scholars are spending longer time than usual (90 minutes) on computers.
- Chromebook - $ 340
- Adapter/ Power chord: $ 50
- Case: $17
Coffee with the Principal
On February 3rd, we will have an early dismissal day. From 12:30-3:30pm, teachers will be hosting conferences with parents that signed up. Please keep an eye out from communication from your teacher to sign up.
100 Days of Love & Learning
On February 14th, we will be celebrating our 100th day of school! Teachers will be sharing more guidance if needed about in-class activities to celebrate in February. As a school, we invite you to join us in celebrating on this day by choosing one of the following:
Dress up like a 100 year old person
Make a t-shirt with a 100 items
Make a poster/visual of 100
MAP Testing Update
Our K-2 students have finished their middle of year testing for Math and Reading. Parents should receive their student’s MAP Progress Report on Friday, 1/27. Below you can watch a brief video explaining how to read the report on ClassDojo. If you have any questions or concerns, please let your child’s teacher know.
English MAP Video: https://watch.screencastify.com/v/gMJ47oBA2brdSsRvntnV
Spanish MAP Video: https://watch.screencastify.com/v/e4BXDfV5GhWBMSb5qmAj
CIRCLE Testing Update
Our PreK students have finished their middle of year testing for Circle. Please expect an update on their progress by February 3rd.
Technology at Home
Starting Monday, 1/30, students in Kinder-2nd grade will bring their chromebooks home daily in their computer bag. Students will also have a QR code they can keep at home. Our expectation is students engage in our learning programs each night for about 20min (no more than 30min). Our learning apps are designed to be adaptive to help students at their skill level. Therefore, please encourage them to try their best, but do not give them the correct answers. Our recommended schedule to follow is below:
Monday: Reading (Imagine Español or Language & Literacy)
Tuesday: Imagine Math
Wednesday: Reading (Imagine Español or Language & Literacy)
Thursday: Imagine Math
Friday: Reading (Imagine Español or Language & Literacy)
Weekends: Your Choice, Typing Club
How to access the learning apps
- Step 1: Designate a quiet, focused learning space at home
- Step 2: Open the chromebook and sign in with your student’s QR code
- Step 3: From the bottom of the screen, click on the app “Clever” (blue/white C)
- Step 4: Select the learning app we recommend for the day
- Family Notes